SCOAP Rectal Cancer and Diverticular Disease Dictation Guide
For rectal cancer:
- Was procedure done for palliation? (Y/N)
- Was preop (neoadjuvant) tx used? (Y/N)
- If yes, was RT used? (Y/N)
- If yes, was chemotherapy used? (Y/N)
- Was preop fecal continence adequate? (Y/N)
- Weeks between end of preop RT and surgery: (specify weeks)
- Was EUS TRUS or MRI used to define stage? (Y/N)
- What was the T stage (if known)? N stage? M stage?
- Was distance of tumor from the anal verge defined? (Y/N)
- If yes, was the distance determined by rigid scope, flexible scope and/or digital exam? (specify which)
- If yes, was the distance determined after neoadjuvant therapy? (Y/N)
- If yes, distance of tumor from anal verge: (specify cm)
- Was tumor fixed to underlying structures: (Y/N)
- If yes, was it fixed after neoadjuvant therapy? (Y/N)
- Was a total mesorectal excision performed? (Y/N)
- Was TME capsule intact? (Y/N)
- Was a protective stoma used? (Y/N)
- If no, was the anastomosis tested for leak with air or dye installation? (Y/N, specify method of testing)
For diverticular disease:
- If colectomy for diverticular disease, was it for
- ongoing, acute diverticulitis?
- current GI bleeding?
- colovesical fistuala?
- colonic stricture?
- Did patient have prior episodes of diverticular disease (Y/N)
- If yes, how many prior episodes of treated diverticulitis?
- If yes, was patient treated as an inpatient for any of the episodes? (Y/N)