Open Position: Operations Manager
The Foundation for Health Care Quality (FHCQ) is seeking an operations manager to help us meet our mission to improve health outcomes through convening, data, and finding common ground. The operations manager must be an organized multitasker with a background including basic budget review and compliance, payroll processing, day-to-day operations, human resources responsibilities, and technology support. We are looking for a team member with good communication skills, flexibility, and a collaborative workstyle. This position contributes to the development of organizational strategies, policies, and practices to facilitate effective implementation of our work and will work closely with and report to the Chief Executive Officer (CEO). Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office products, especially Excel, required. Familiarity with Adobe suite and/or WordPress is a plus.
Salary: Commensurate with experience
Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage day-to-day organizational operations
- Working alongside staff on ongoing projects
- Develop, review and evaluate policies and procedures to increase operational efficiency
- Monitor expenses, accounts, contracts and leases with vendors
- Purchase and maintain office supplies, furniture and equipment, and perform inventory management
- Work with CEO to make HR, budgetary, purchasing, and operations-related decisions
- Support the CEO and FHCQ Board of Trustees
Finance and Accounting
- Work with contracted accountant to maintain accounts payable/receivable records and process payroll
- Assist in analyzing financial reports, investigating variances and providing recommendations to ensure meeting budget targets
- Assist in preparation of monthly financial reports for various lines of business
- Provide overall supervision, evaluation, scheduling and communication for FHCQ support staff
- Facilitation of key administrative essentials including paid time off, scheduling, and expense tracking
- General management of employees re: time sheets, payroll, tax information, health insurance, long-term disability, retirement plan and other benefits, and personnel records
- Oversee and update internal policies and procedures (i.e., Financial Policy and Procedures Manual, Employee Handbook), operational protocols
- Perform onboarding of new employees
Program Support/Meeting and Event Coordination
- Assist staff as needed with preparation of presentations, spreadsheets, reports, etc.
- Help organize research across programs
- Schedule and help coordinate meetings and/or events, internal and external, manage registration
- Provide verbal, written, and electronic communication support for program/project activities
- Develop and design save-the-date notices, registration forms, and other marketing materials
- Coordinate production and distribution of meeting handouts, conference folders, name tags, etc.
- Track financial status of meetings/events, including processing registrations, tracking expenses, reimbursing speakers, etc.
- Oversee workstation set-up and purchase of computer hardware, software and auxiliary equipment in concert with IT support vendor(s) when in-person work is possible
- Update and maintain network of FHCQ and program websites, updating calendars, posting materials
Requirements: BA/BS plus a minimum of two years’ experience in administrative support in non-profit, academic, or other related organization with demonstrated ability to manage program operational and financial requirements. Ability to function independently and multiple manage projects simultaneously.
Preferred: Experience in the health care industry