BLACK LIVES MATTER
The Foundation for Health Care Quality and OB COAP stand against all forms of Anti-Black Racism. We are committed to address health inequities by taking active, anti-racist actions within our organization and in the services we provide. Immediate actions being taken by OB COAP include:
- Distributing site-level reports on health disparities in pregnancy care and outcomes by race and ethnicity to our member sites on an ongoing basis
- Public Reporting of aggregate OB COAP data demonstrating health disparities in pregnancy care and outcomes by race and ethnicity
- Actively and urgently pursuing greater diversity in the OB COAP Management and Research committees
- Establishing a committee dedicated to health inequities among racial groups in maternity care to advise and help direct the activities of OB COAP.
- Engaging racially diverse patient representatives in both the Management and Research committees and letting their voices help guide the priorities for quality improvement and research.
- posting the following statement regarding health equity and COVID 19 from the International Human Rights Network: COVID-19 and Human Rights
We stand with you as we move forward in changing the course of our society, and we welcome your input on additional actions you think we should be taking.