Our vision, shared across the Bree Collaborative, Cardiac COAP, Obstetrical COAP, Spine COAP, Surgical COAP, and the Washington Patient Safety Coalition, is that every person in our community lives a long, and healthy life. Part of how we get there is a health care and public health system that is informed by appropriate evidence balanced with promising practice; that is centered on people and that meets a person’s needs; and that uses appropriate, high-quality, and safe disease prevention, management, and clinical interventions.
Our mission is to catalyze collaborative system-wide improvement through involvement and insight from cross-organizational, cross-sector public health and health care providers, administrators, and those with lived experience within a framework of accurate data, collaborative learning, feedback, and evidence balanced with promising practice.
And how do we climb this mountain?
Our core strengths drive…
- Applying Clinical Data
- Collaborative Discussions
- Developing Community Standards
- Educating our Community
…our overarching strategies.
- Applying an equity lens to build shared accountability for progress.
- Using a life-course perspective to improve quality in both episodic and longitudinal care delivery.
- Growing our impact through membership, engagement, participation, and people served by our initiatives.
- Involving those with lived experience in improvement processes to center delivery of care on the patient.