December is often a time for celebration through song, and of reflection on the previous eleven months. With these two points in mind, read the following (internally or out loud) to the tune of 12 Days of Christmas.
- One Community Birth Data Registry launch in May. Since the start of OB COAP in 2010, we have welcomed community-based midwives into the conversation about improving perinatal outcomes. Now, our CBDR, created by midwives for midwives, allows capturing and measuring perinatal care across all birth settings and provider types.
- Two enlightening virtual days in October of the 20th Annual Northwest Patient Safety This year’s theme was, “Bringing Patient Safety To Life: What’s worked, what hasn’t, and what to do about it.” If you didn’t have the chance to register, you can still do so and view all the sessions here.
- Three energizing in-person conferences for our Care Outcomes Assessment Programs
- Cardiac COAP on June 7 to discuss your challenges with your peers, exchange ideas, and find support as we looked at the past, present work, and had an eye to the future.
- OB COAP on June 8 we took deep dives into maternal health inequity, lessons learned from our data, and discussed together how to build a better perinatal system.
- Spine COAP and Surgical COAP on September 13 brought surgeons, anesthesiologists, and others together around the same table(s) to examine surgical care processes and outcomes.
- Four fantastic people joined our FHCQ team, Sarah Davidson, MSM, LM (retired) in July as our Manager, Smooth Transitions; Beth Bojkov, MPH, RN, in August as our Director of Research and Best Practice; Felicidad Smith, MPH, in August as our Manager, Communication and Resolution Program both; and Hannah Wurz, CNM, in December as our Consultant, for our Smooth Transitions expansion into Oklahoma.
- Five informative Bree Collaborative webinars (Plus Climate Change in April which is technically six) all available on our YouTube channel!
- Recommendation Spotlight: Hepatitis C – January
- Recommendation Spotlight: Pediatric Asthma – March
- Health Equity Webinar Series: Committing to Action – March
- Health Equity Webinar Series: Complexity of Data – June
- Health Equity Webinar Series: Capacity for Change – September
- Plus 25 Washington State hospitals joined Smooth Transitions to help build a collaborative model of care that puts birthing families at the center when planned out of hospital births transition into in-hospital care.
Wishing you and yours a Happy Holidays and a Happy New Year.